RBI as a part of Know Your Customer (KYC) policy has issued several guidelines relating to identification of Customers. In the process, customers are advised to submit any one of the following documents from each group as a proof of identity and as a proof of address.
(A) Proof of Identity :
- Voter Identity Card.
- PAN Card.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Driving License with current address.
- ID Card of reputed employer.
- Letter from a recognized public authority / Public Servant verifying the identity and residence of the customer.
(B) Proof of Address :
- Telephone Bill.
- Electricity Bill.
- Credit Card / Bank Account Statement (Latest).
- Letter from employer (subject to Bank's satisfaction).
- Ration Card
- In case of Rented Premises: Registered Rent Agreement Copy along with Utility bill in the name of Owner of the premises and in case, rent agreement is unregistered then utility bill along with identity proof of owner of premise